• All Categories
Quick Search
Android phone & tablet RSS

[Guide] MODDING VIA WM8650 Android 2.2 7" Tablets [Copy the Link]

1#

VIA WM8650 Android 2.2 7" Tablets
After reading the reviews, I read that many customers bought these tablets to MOD them with Uberoid. It will make the tablet run faster with more flexibility. To be honest, the stock operating system (Android 2.2) that came with the tablet originally is not bad at all. These tablets will work well without any MODs.

Before I purchased my tablet, the below were my choices. There are four very similar tablets, but they have four different SKUs. However, these tablets can be categorized into three different groups - Category CE037, CE038 and CE052. Only Category CE037 comes in two colors, Black and Silver. In the end, I purchased CE037S.

Basically, these series of WM8650 tablets have very similar specifications. You may refer to the section below. Out of the four different SKUs, only one of them, which is the cheapest, has a 2GB internal memory capacity. The rest have 4GB internal memory capacity. But not to worry, all of them support MicroSD/TF cards of up to 16GB.

General Specifications
CPU: VIA WM8650
Operating System: Android 2.2
RAM Memory: 256MB DDR2
Graphics Card: Integrated Graphics
Touch Screen: Resistive
Resolution: 800x480

*WM stands for WonderMedia

Category CE037

Name:VIA WM8650 7" TFT Touchpad Android 2.2 4G Hard Drive Tablet PC with Wi-Fi (Black)
Price: USD$79.77
SKU: CE037B

Name: VIA WM8650 7" TFT Touchpad Android 2.2 4G Hard Drive Tablet PC with Wi-Fi (Silver)
Price: USD$81.53
SKU: CE037S

Category CE038

Name: VIA WM8650 Android 2.2 4GB 7" Touch Screen Tablet PC with Wi-Fi, UV, and 3G (White)
Price: USD$86.73

Category CE052

Name: VIA WM8650 7" TFT Touchpad Android 2.2 2G Hard Drive Tablet PC with Wi-Fi (Silver) (2GB Internal Memory)
Price: USD$77.05

Modding With Uberoid
Uberoid is created by HardcoreHacker a.k.a. HCH. The latest stable version of Uberoid is called Universal Uberoid WM8650 1.5.5 HoneyCombMOD v10.1. However, if you would like to try out the latest BETA version, it is called Universal Uberoid WM8650 1.5.5 HoneyCombMOD v11 BETA. For the above tablets, I have researched and MODDED my new tablet as well. To put it simple, I MODDED it with Uberoid with Option 30.

1. Format your MicroSD/TF Card with File System: FAT32 and Allocation Unit Size: Default Allocation. Uncheck Quick Format
2. Download the Uberoid ROM.

Universal Uberoid WM8650 1.5.5 HoneyCombMOD v10.1 or Universal Uberoid WM8650 1.5.5 HoneyCombMOD v11 BETA
4. Ensure that you have WinRar or 7-Zip installed on your computer
3. Right-Click on the downloaded file > 7-ZIP/WinRar > Extract to "Universal_Uberoid_WM8650_v10.1_www.TechKnowForum.net"
4. Double-Click to open the new folder "Universal_Uberoid_WM8650_v10.1_www.TechKnowForum.net"
5. Run "CHANGER.bat"
6. Type "RT3070" (Without the quotes "") and hit Enter twice
7. Type in "30" (Without the quotes "") and hit Enter
8. Type in "y" (Without the quotes "") and hit Enter
9. Type in the Letter of the Drive in which your MicroSD/TF Card is inserted into.

Take for example: "X" (Without the quotes "") and hit Enter
10. When the extraction is completed, hit Enter to close the window
11. Remove your MicroSD/TF Card from your computer
12. Power off your Tablet
13. Insert the MicroSD/TF Card into your Tablet
14. Power on your Tablet
15. Wait for 3-5 minutes
16. Remove the MicroSD/TF Card from your Tablet
17. Your Tablet will no reboot and start up with Uberoid

ENJOY!!!

Disclaimer
I will not be responsible for any bricked tablets. You are doing this at your own risk.
All texts are written by Nickelless. No reproduction of this content is allowed unless with granted permission.

Images from Focalprice: http://www.focalprice.com/
Uberoid's Official Site: http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/

last editNickelless edited on 2011-12-23 03:45:36
2#

WOW, thanks for the info.
Wish me luck on modding!
3#

Reply 2# moringcall post

I'm will be very happy if guide is helpful. At least now, I know that it's going to help you. I wish you luck! Cheers!
4#

Added to favorites!! ;)
Nickelless!
Support HK Post:

http://forums.focalprice.com/showtopic-38694.aspx
5#

Reply 4# flyerdie post

Thanks flyerdie!
6#

I dont´t have one of this tablets, and (at least at the moment) I do not plan to buy one, but:
Well done, Nickelless.
7#

Thank you  Nickelless!!
You've done good work, worthy of attention.
My respect for you for that.
8#

Reply 7# Alex_UA post

Thank you Alex_UA so much for the compliments! Have a nice day!
9#

Nice guide, I don't have a tablet either but who knows maybe one day
10#

Good job! I've set it sticky.
I think you're an expert of studying those tablets. lol
Guys, what other guides do you need? Our mod will make it for your sincerely.
last editCarolGarden edited on 2011-12-27 02:54:17