• All Categories
Quick Search
Android phone & tablet RSS

[Guide] How To Flash A Custom ROM To Your Android Phone [Copy the Link]

1#
Hi everyone, I found a guide about how to flash android phone. I copy the information to share here.
Anybody who bought android phone from FocalPrice, and have flashed your phone. Welcome to share your experience in this thread, or post a new thread.
Everyone share will be rewarded a 5% off coupon.

************************************************************************************
Custom ROMs

The Steps
Here are the steps, at a glance. Look the list over and move on to the more detailed explanation of each bullet point.
1. Root Your Phone
2. Install ROM Manager App
3. Back Up
4. Download The ROM You Want To Try
5. Flash It
6. Want To Go Back? Restore It

1. Root Your Phone
The first thing you need to do is root your phone.
Rooting is usually a 5 minute process, and many guides around the web explain what that process is for your exact phone model and Android version combinations, just Google "YOUR_PHONE_MODEL root".
Now that you have root, let's proceed to the next step.

2. Install ROM Manager App
This is the easiest step. Go to the Android Market on your phone and install ROM Manager.
This excellent application handles backing up and restoring, as well as flashing new ROMs, all from an easy user interface. This application requires root, which is why we've first gone with step 1.
Got the app installed? You should see something like this:

3. Back Up
Now check this out: you don't even have to perform a manual backup - ROM Manager will automatically ask if you want to back up or not in step 5, when you are flashing the new ROM. This is what it will look like:

3.1. Flash A Recovery Image
There is a one-time step that was needed before ROM Manager, or any other manager, can install ROMs, back up, restore, or do anything with Nandroid Backup - and that is flashing a recovery image.
Important: unplug the USB cable during this step, as some users are reporting problems flashing recovery while plugged in.
This recovery image contains a boot loader which replaces your *** boot loader.
The boot loader gives you the ability to run Nandroid backup and restore commands outside of the OS.
It also lets you install ROMs but we will not do that today. Since the OS cannot back itself up fully while running, ROM Manager will reboot into this boot loader to perform Nandroid operations.

Again, remember: this step needs to be done one time only.

4. Download The ROM You Want To Try And Copy It To Your Phone's SD Card
Here is where you need to do a bit of research and find the ROM image you want to put on your phone. If you don't know exactly what you're looking for, again, Google can help you - just search for "YOUR_PHONE_MODEL ROM" and look around.
Each ROM you find will be based on a specific Android version - make sure to pay attention to that.

Download The ROM You Selected
Download the ROM image, which is usually a zip archive, and copy it into the root folder of your SD card.

Important: you do not unzip the .zip file - just copy it as is.
You can do it by
   * attaching the phone with a USB cable and selecting the option of mounting the SD card to be used as a drive on the computer
or
  * unmounting the SD card, physically taking it out of the phone, and inserting into your own card reader
or
  * downloading the ROM straight from the phone browser
Once you've copied the ROM image, you can proceed to flashing it in step 5.

5. Flash It
The process of installing new firmware or low-level system software in general is called flashing.
We will be flashing the new custom ROM over the stock one that came with your phone.
  * Pop open the ROM Manager and click "Install ROM from SD Card"
  * The ROM you downloaded in step 4 should show up in the list. If it doesn't, make sure you've put it into the root folder of the SD card.
  * Click on the ROM and you should receive a popup inviting you to back up existing ROM (which you should do unless you've already backed up manually)
     and wipe data and cache, which you should only do if you want to do a clean install, i.e. when upgrading from the stock ROM. Note: this does not wipe your SD card data - it only wipes the   phone's internal memory.
  * Follow the rest of the prompts and voila - the ROM is being installed!

Check out these screenshots I took, showing the full process:

The flashing process should take 5-10 minutes installing everything and then 10-20 minutes during the first boot. Please be patient during this process.
Once the phone boots, you should find yourself in the new ROM.
This is it - end of the road! You've done it! Enjoy your fast and clean phone.
last editVincci edited on 2014-02-28 00:14:02
2#

buy it this phone and is has dropped the power button, has arrangement ahy that send it? where you have to send them shipping address enters warranty? Order ID: FPTZF9GNBRTQ sku MK0121W leonardo olmedo Fernández
3#

Reply 2# leolfer post

hi, friend, after checking, we are sorry that this smartphone is out of warranty now. Will you kindly please repair it in your local area? Cell phone, Camera, MP3/MP4/MP5,Game Console,Lasers,GPS and Computer are covered by a 3 months warranty for replacement and 6 months warranty for repair as of delivery date. Delivery date here means the shipping date which you can find from your "Order List".

For more details of product warranty, please click the following link:
http://www.focalprice.com/helpinfo?currentCategoryID=22

Kindly let me know if you need any further assistance.
4#

soy enio bravo mi correo es eniobravo@hotmail.com tengo un problemas en mis pedidos y los cancele todos desde hace mas de 15 dias y no veo mi dinero en mi cuenta paypal tambien tengo mi cuenta focalprice desactivada completamente activela por favor y sean mas cordiales y atentos con los cliente ok ustedes tienen una pesima atencion al cliente estoy esperando una respuesta a mis problemas por mas de 15 dias y ustedes no la dan  es algo tan sencillo y ustedes complican todo con su mala atencion al cliente esto es una burla hacen los que les da la gana y eso no puede ser porque uno es el cliente y es el que gasta......ENIO BRAVO eniobravo@hotmail.com
5#

Reply 4# eniobravo post

hi, eniobravo, please accept our sincere apology for all the trouble at first.

After checking in our system, I saw you paid for five orders in total FPTZFKZIFS3Q, FPTZFK8F5LO1, FPTZFKROQ2YI , FPTZFKYCBZ1L and FPTZFKP5F59Z and you only submitted a message on Dec 28 to ask our customer service to cancel the order FPTZFKROQ2YI and use the refund to send the order FPTZFKPR50TG. Our customer has done what you said.  Now you want us to cancel all the orders, we are sorry that all the order have been shipped out on Dec 23, 29, 30, 31 and Jan 3, and we are unable to cancel them now. If you really don't what them, please reject the orders when they reach to you. Please rest assured that as soon as we get the returned package, we will issue a refund to your account.  Regarding your deactivated account, we are sorry that once be deactivated, it is unable to recover it.

Highly appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
6#

that my order will FPTZFKYCBZ1L RS194128876NL way to Bolivia do not understand why I'm in Venezuela and that they can do well send a package that looks and confirm it and send it to me this request information to eniobravo@hotmail.com that problem with you as they do wasting time and money by not knowing hear or read what you ask them always do that they want I guess this is done on purpose truth
01.10.2015 4:22 RS194128876NL The item is on transport to the country of destination BOLIVIA, Plurinational State of
01.09.2015 4:40 The item is at the PostNL sorting center
01.03.2015 2:57 The item is pre-adviced

do things well please ok ok ok .........
7#

Really great stuff,Great site, Thanks for sharing information.
http://www.couponkoz.in/
8#

thanks , this is awesome

last editkontekonte edited on 2015-04-12 17:53:36
9#

Thanks,i was actually searching for this guide.Now i can easily flash custom ROM.

http://dealmaal.com
10#

Thank you for awesome suggestions

Recently I launched website deal of the day  Please have look

Cheers..!!
Neon
http://dealize.me/